Effective Communication Strategy And Business Analysis
Effective communication expected to express ourselves, both verbally and non-verbally, in ways that are appropriate to our cultures and situations. This means not only being able to express our opinions and desires, but also our needs and fears and to ask for advice and help.
It’s imperative to your success as a business analyst that you know what questions to ask to get at the right information. In this course we’ll review the different types of questions and I’ll give you specific questions you can ask in meetings to help draw out the information you need from stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Prepare a stakeholder management plan to understand the business environment and manage stakeholder relationships
Prepare a business analysis communication plan to apply business analysis communication best practices
Use negotiation as a technique to gain understanding and increase stakeholder buy-in and commitment
- Know what questions to ask and how to ask them to get detailed requirements from stakeholders
- Learn the techniques you should be using to respond to stakeholders in order to facilitate positive discussion
- Identify listening filters that are keeping you from hearing and understanding the completemessage from stakeholders
- To manage conversations, you’ll learn the process of effective communication and how body language affects your requirements elicitation meetings.
- You’ll learn techniques that help you become a better listener and understand how you can use silence as a communication tool.