Leading with Emotional Intelligence
The ability to deal effectively with emotions in the work place is critical for success. As the pace of the world increases and our environment makes more and more demands on our cognitive, emotional and physical resources, Emotional Intelligence is increasingly critical as a skill set. This course will focus on the four core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management. Participants will learn to develop and implement these competencies to enhance their relationships in work and life by increasing their understanding of social and emotional behaviours, and learning how to adapt and manage their responses to particular situations.
- Gain insight into emotional intelligence, what it is and how you can use it.
- Builds an understanding of how emotions shape who we are, how we relate to others and how to improve relationships.
- Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions.
- Explore ways to advance personal emotional intelligence
- Recognising emotions in others, responding to those emotions in order to inspire high performance.
- Master tools to regulate and gain control of one’s own emotions and confidence to deal with resistance and negativity
- Learn model to guide your responses to difficult and challenging situations.
- The ability to self-motivate while tempering negative responses.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence, EI
- Understanding the self (using Transactional Analysis, Ego State/Personality Profiling and the JOHARI Window)
- Identifying Emotional States and their impact on job performance
- Developing Self-Confidence
- Developing Emotional Self-Control Skills
- Managing Negative Emotions
- Adaptability & Change Management
- Initiative and Conscientiousness: Getting the job done
- Self & Time Management
- Goal Setting & Planning
- Developing Interpersonal Skills
- Delivering Service-Driven Performance
- Organisational Awareness
- Understanding & Managing Organisational Politics
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Communication & Conflict Management
- Developing others: Coaching & Mentoring
- Building Influence, Bonds & Networks
- Leadership: Concepts & Styles