Project Management and Quality Assurance
This course conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain adequate hands-on experience in project management and the different types of quality programmes, including Total Quality Management (TQM), within their organization. Quality assurance and control are integral components of a quality management system that ensure that the product or service being delivered meets the customer’s expectations.
The objective of this course is to:
- Enhance a critical and effective delegate understanding of how to effectively manage projects and ensure that projects are delivered, defined and understood for the major benefits to the organization of Total Quality Management.
- Effective Project Management and Quality Assurance procedures, methodologies & implementation training for staff in its control function, accounting function / analysts, strategic planning, financial function and managers saddled with revenue management and total management functions of the organization.
- Equipping these categories of staff within the organization with the “must have” competencies needed to effectively design and implement an effective model.
Project Management Breakdown
- Monitoring of project progress against plan
- Project status reports, attend and arrange project team meetings.
- Adequate management of external relationships, interfacing with suppliers and managing deliverable where necessary.
- Proactive facilitation, communication and information exchanges between members of the project team, liaising as required with other parties and functions, to ensure that everyone is kept appropriately informed.
- Risk assessment and management by means of risk and issue logs.
- Viability test as well as business analysis.
- Detailed Management Information (MI) report.
- Project plan assessment and daily update to ensure that project evolve as planned.
- Overall maintenance of project schedules.
- Administration of all project change control procedures Configuration management, phase testing, project charters, updating documents versions and plans.
Quality Assurance Breakdown
- Define the major benefits to the organization of Total Quality Management
- Understand the impact of leadership to support quality management systems
- Develop measuring and improvement processes for quality assurance and control
- Describe how TQM can be introduced into their work place
- Identify useful quality improvement techniques for continual improvement
- Discuss the importance of quality standards, models and awards (ISO, TQM).